It’s been so long since the last post even my own blog had logged me out but I asked nicely and it let me back in again.
It’s surprising how much can happen in more than a month, which is why nothing has made its way on here despite promises to myself to just post some regular thoughts on whatever going on. I’m never short of thoughts but combining those with the time and inclination to share them is not as easy as it sounds. I’m now in limbo cafe waiting for Zosia to finish what must be getting close to her 200th ballet lesson so I can finish this draft and publish from the iPhone.
A selection of what has been going on:
- Bought an apartment, demolished it and started putting it back together again.
- Missed the 4th anniversary of “20 east” – born 20 October, 2007.
- Hosted a 3 day conference in Warsaw
- Been on a 6 day holiday to the UK
- Been on a 3 day wedding party in Mazury
- Watched the shares in the company I work for collapse from 20p to 3p (a few days after I bought some of them!). Then bought even more of them at 2.79p and now waiting to see what happens next with the ongoing saga of us establishing a new and better future. December 6th is a key date.
- Witnessed the inevitable departure of a couple of Euro-zone leaders
- Been very surprised to read about Independence Day riots in Warsaw – although seems to have been mostly Germans causing the trouble.
- Dealt with 3 birthdays, 1 name day, 2 bank holidays & 1 wedding anniversary (ours).
- Worried about my uncle dying of cancer, visited him and recently heard that sadly he will not make his birthday on 1 December and I have another 3 day trip to England on the horizon.
- Made a few IT improvements at home – new scanner/printer (Brother DCP-J315W) and installed an Apple ‘Time Capsule’. Both seem good so far.
That’s not a crazy list but it contains at least three of the top five highest stress situations so perhaps that’s had an effect?
How are you guys doing?