I just realised that ’20 east’ is now over three years old, it reached the age of three on October 20th in fact and it took me a couple of months to notice!
On the second anniversary I shared some stats for those who like those kind of things so here we go again. I’ve copied the list of items from last year (more or less) and give this years results with performance versus 2009 in brackets:
- 634 posts (up by 124)
- 3,306 comments (up by 906)
- 246,806 views (up by 131,306)
- busiest day – 1,189 views, January 10th 2010 (up by 622)
- busiest month – 15,777 views, May 2010 (up by 7,393)
- Average views per day – 304 (up by 78)
- this year’s top 5 search terms (descending order) – universe, music, records, fieldfare bird, che guevara
- this year’s top 5 clicks (descending order) – Yellerbelly, my photo gallery, Pinolona, Jeziork, Polandian
- this year’s top 5 referrers (descending order) – Polandian, Jeziorki, Pinolona, The stuff in between, WordPress.
- this year’s top 5 posts (descending order) – dummies guide to life, the universe & everything, Vinyl LP’s a lament, All our yesterdays (part 2), All our yesterdays (part 1), Warsaw NatureWatch update (about the Fieldfare)
I have to say that unless I can get my posting frequency back to where it should be, next year’s stats are likely to be lower. You can see a gradual build up to the peak of May 2010 and then a pronounced decline from there to today and it is now running at roughly the same average monthly views as it was throughout 2008 – roughly 150 a day.
It will be interesting to see if this really is to do with posting frequency or of there were other technological changes in the background, search engines and so on, or changes to the way of counting these things or possibly just a cyclical and natural wave of readership.
Anyway, for those who have been contributing to the stats – thanks! Especially those who have been here since October 2007.