It was on exactly this day and at exactly this hour that I first dipped my toes into the whirlpool of blogging and, well, I’m still here two years later. A little older, a little wiser and not perhaps as prolific as I’d like but I’m still enjoying it and hope you are too.
Some stats (rounded), just by way of quantifying two years of blogging:
- 510 posts
- 2,400 comments
- 115,500 views
- busiest day – 567 views, March 30th 2009
- busiest month – 8,384 views, also March 2009
- Average views per day in 2007 = 62, 2008 = 141, 2009 = 205 (corporate-speak – year on year growth!!)
- all time top 5 search terms (descending order) – che guevara, universe, upiór w operze, red bull logo, 20 east (it’s all here folks!)
- all time top 5 clicks (descending order) – my Poland photo gallery, pinolona, yellerbelly, polandian, jeziorki (my invoice is in the post!)
- all time top 5 referrers (descending order) – polandian, jeziorki, pinolona, WordPress dashboard, netvibes (the cheque’s in the post)
- all time top 5 posts (descending order) – All our yesterdays (part 1), dummies guide to life, the universe & everything, phantom of the opera, energy drinks, The “You have two cows” joke (must get round to doing “All our yesterdays (part 3)”)
- all time top 5 posts on Poland (descending order) – Polish Independence Day (part 2), Euro 2012 Death or Glory, Złota 44, Polish words & phrases #1, Polish housing market (a voice in the wilderness) (must do more interesting Polish posts – although most are on Polandian)
Thank you all for your contributions!
Drinks all round!!