A year ago I set out nine resolutions for 2008. The progress report makes for dismal reading.
- Stop smoking – HAVE COMPLETELY STOPPED SMOKING INDOORS BUT I STILL SMOKE. NOT TOTAL FAILURE BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH. 4/10
- Lose weight (combo with more exercise & better eating habits) – LOST ONLY 3 KILO BUT DID REDUCE LATE NIGHT EATING. 4/10
- Have a successful year in business – ACHIEVED THIS ONE. COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER BUT I THINK EVERYONE AGREES IT HAS BEEN A PRETTY GOOD FIRST YEAR. 9/10
- Become a member of the RICS, at last – DID THE GROUNDWORK AND MAILED OFF THE PAPERS. 5/10
- Improve my Polish language skills – DID TAKE SOME LESSONS AND THERE HAS BEEN SOME IMPROVEMENT BUT NOT ENOUGH. 4/10
- Organise my photos – FAILED – 0/10
- Keep up the blog – HURRAH! 10/10
- Write at least one book – YEAH, RIGHT! BIT OF A CHALLENGE THAT ONE. 0/10
- Be a better husband, father, uncle, son, friend, co-worker, boss – I THINK I PERFORMED REASONABLY WELL HERE. 5/10
That’s a score for the year of 45%. Not good enough but they weren’t exactly relaxed goals.
For 2009 I think I’ll try to be more realistic:
- Stop smoking
- More exercise
- Survive (possibly even thrive during?) the recession