I have to go back to the UK today, for business this time so I’ll be London based. Normal airlines so I won’t be suffering the Etiiuda factor on the way out. Going to be rather a lot of travelling though as I’m staying the first night with a work colleague and second with friends (hard times you know, can’t afford hotels).
The journeys today will be: Home-Warsaw airport, Warsaw-Heathrow, Heathrow-Paddington, Paddington-Charing Cross, Charing Cross-Wadhurst, Wadhurst-Home! Followed tomorrow morning by; Home-Wadhurst, Wadhurst-Charing Cross, Charing Cross-Office [pause for work] Office-Liverpool Street, Liverpoool Street-Rayners Lane, Rayners Lane-Another home. Finally on Tuesday; Home-Rayners Lane, Rayners Lane-Liverpool Street, Liverpool Street-Office [pause for work] Office-Liverpool Street, Liverpool Street-Paddington, Paddington-Heathrow, Heathrow-Warsaw, Warsaw-Home.
Plenty of opportunity there for something to go tits-up and for me to get thoroughly exhausted!
Final questions from our last trip to the UK
- Why do British pharmacies have entire shelves dedicated to nit/lice treatments? (the little things that run around in your hair) This is not something you see here in Poland and it amazed my wife who was iching for the rest of the day!
- Why can the UK have such useful medicines as Vicks First Defence or Sudafed for kids when Poland cannot have them?
- Why does the UK have such a gap between the good TV and the bad (check out “Hole in the Wall“)? In particular, why are Neil & Christine Hamilton now TV celebrities?
- Do people get tattoos and body piercing as a reaction against a nanny state?
- Why was Geoffrey Perkins so unknown until he died?
- Why is the rain in the UK so different to the rain in Warsaw?
- Why was the foreign exchange counter in Luton airport showing a rate of 10.67 for the Polish Zloty?
- Why does my Uncle think the Riley was his best ever car?