…I made during the conference:
- It’s official. 40% of Warsaw’s raw sewage is dumped straight into the Vistula (Wisła) river! And you’d be surprised how many people fish in the there. Yummy!
- 65% of people on the planet have never made a phone call.
- 1/3 of people on the planet have no electricity
- While there are over 6 billion people on the planet, only 1.5 billion are considered to be part of the “global economy”
- For China to have the same car ownership as Germany, they would need another 650 million cars. There simply aren’t enough resources on the planet to make this many cars.
- The Chinese government wants the people to eat 200 eggs each, per annum. To feed those chickens would require the entire grain production of Australia.
- If everyone lived like the citizens of London, we would need 3 planets to survive. If like Houston, we would need 6 planets. If like China today, about 1.5 planets. China tomorrow….well, that’s the big question.
- The WHO suggest that cities should have 8m2 of green area (parks) for each citizen. Los Angeles has just over 6m2, London has 20m2. The best are Berlin & Copenhagen with over 30m2.